Hassle Free HR – Stress Management
The Labour Force Survey;
- Estimates the cost of work related stress to society to be approximately between 2 and 4 billion pounds each year
- A total of 9.9 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression and anxiety in 2014/15.
As an employer there are two key pieces of employment legislation which relate to work related stress, these are;
- The Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 which require you to assess the risk of stress-related ill health arising from work activities and
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 which requires you to take measures to control that risk
Managing work related stress effectively can help to;
- reduce absences and associated costs
- increase employee commitment to work
- increase staff performance and productivity
- reduce staff turnover or an employee's intention to leave
- improve staff recruitment and retention rates
- improve customer satisfaction and the image and reputation of your company
Hassle Free HR can support you in managing work related stress either by providing you with expert advice and guidance on how to manage the issue or by managing the situation for you on your behalf.
If you are currently experiencing absences relating to work related stress or have an employee who is complaining of feeling stressed please don't hesitate to contact us for further advice. We can also train you and your managers on how to effectively manage stress at work.
Contact us now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org